Monday, February 14, 2011

Rebel

I already mentioned that one of my most favorite things in the world is listening to the music that people play in the metro. Accordians, trumpets, clarinets, violins, saxaphones, violins, banduras... you name it, they play it. This one stopped me dead in my tracks, though. These talented manly men just whipped out their violins and began playing a piece very dear to me-- one that my mother has always played on her violin for as long as I can remember. I know you're not supposed to have cameras inside the Metro stations, but... heck, I didn't care. I turned around, grabbed my camera and started filming.
Fact: Upon hearing this, I felt like I'd been punched in the stomach with homesickness.
Fact: I am the world's worst camerawoman.
(Excuse the two moments where I bend down to give them some cash)
Fact: It is short because I sort of chickened out.
Mom, this one's for you. :)

3 comments: