Priviet!
Well, I made it. It feels like this was the longest day of my life, but I am finally here, 26 straight hours of flying and delays and waiting in lines and getting the pat-down and getting my travel pillow searched for explosives and re-bookings and missing luggage later, I am at my new home for the next 6 months. My host family rocks, and I will tell you all about them later... when my brain actually works again.
In training, they warned us that there would be 4 stages of "adjustment" for us. They are:
1) Honeymoon
2) Horror
3) Humor
4) Home
I am DEFINITELY in the "Honeymoon" stage right now. :) I love everything I am seeing and even though this was the longest day and everything seemed to go wrong I was still pretty dang ecstatic about everything. I kind of really love this stage. Not really looking forward to the so-called "Horror" stage.... yikes.
I am too tired to try and say anything clever or go into the fabulous details so that's all for now... I'll post about it as soon as I get a chance.
I can't believe I'm actually HERE!!
Oh, and by the way, my Russian name is Ekaterina, and I am called Katya.
(I love that too. HONEYMOON. ha ha)
Do svidanya!
Your Russian name ROCKS! Katya... Vedy good. I approve :) I want contact with you my friend! I hope you're still loving life. I'm sure you are. Flavia.
ReplyDelete