Today, I went out to dinner with my grandparents at my grandmothers favorite restaurant. Before we got our food, my grandmother reached into her purse and handed me a small card that contained a donation towards my trip. I was overwhelmed, even to tears, and as I sit here at 1 in the morning, listening to U2 and Angels & Airwaves whilst writing thirty-one thank-you notes, I am also
overwhelmed with the same feelings. What did I do to deserve such kindness and generosity from so many people I know? I don't think I will ever figure that one out, but I feel like a little
blue 4x5" card isn't going to cut it, no matter how
heartfelt I try to sound in pen. So here another vain attempt, saying
thank you to whoever is reading this, and anyone who contributed in my behalf. If you didn't get a card, I am sorry (ILP has been struggling with mailing me the lists of who donated what), but I hope that you all know
how much it truly means to me. I hope I can spread the same kind of Christ-like love towards the people I come in contact with during these next few months, and for my entire life. I am truly so blessed. Thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment