Friday, March 4, 2011

SPRING!

Can I just say how awesome the holidays in Ukraine are??
Because they are.
This week is Blini week... to celebrate the coming of glorious spring.
Blini=heaven. (Just kidding... it actually means crepes. But for me those words are synonymous)
For all of you who know how much I LOVE anything breakfast...yeah, this week rocks!
The supermarkets are full of Blini... and everyone is cooking it, too.
Blini with ham and cheese... blini with honey... blini with chicken... blini with jam and cream and all things you could possibly think to stick inside a crepe.

And don't even get me started on Women's day... I know you all are smart and have already guessed what this holiday is all about. Yup. Honoring the amazing women of this world.
We're talking chocolate, flowers and gifts galore for all women.
There are colorful flowers of all different kinds everywhere. And the actual holiday isn't even until Tuesday. It is such an amazing change from the gloomy dusky weather we had only a few weeks ago!
I'm so excited to go hop on a train in two hours and continue to witness the celebration of these fantastic holidays!

Blini...chocolate...flowers...my first time on a train.... L'viv.... being appreciated....

It doesn't get any better than that.

:)

1 comment:

  1. Mental image while reading this post: frolicking through historic looking, happy, colorful streets sampling anything and everything Costco style! Kaitlin, I cannot WAIT to hear about all of this in person!! You forget any details and I punch you!
    Flavia.
    :)

    ReplyDelete