Saturday, March 26, 2011

Oh Beautiful for Spacious Skies . . .

Things I definitely took for granted about America before these past 7 days:

1) You don't have to PAY to use the bathroom (what the heck?! I did in fact pay to use a squatter this week, ladies and gentlemen. Thank you? Welcome to Europe?)

2) Free WATER at restaurants 

3) Free refills of that free water

4) ICE in that free water

5) No Smoking in hotels

6) Swimming pools and hot tubs at hotels 

6) American contintental breakfasts at hotels (as much as I LOVE saurkraut and salami in the morning...)

7) You don't have to wear a noobish passport belt everywhere you go 

8) People actually form lines for bathrooms, restaurants, etc, instead of just shoving you out of the way

9) Top sheets on beds.

10) US currency. I can't wait to go to a store in America and really know how much I am holding in my hand..instead of having to stand there stupidly attempting to convert from Grievnas to Crowns in my head and make sure I'm not getting ripped off 
Let's just say that currently, my wallet contains a few US dollars, Greivnas, Forints, Crowns, AND Euros. Yeah... what?


Okay, I now realize that this post sounds a little bit like I'm just complaining. I really loved visiting Europe, I promise! It was amazing and I definitely had the time of my life.

Needless to say, I have now gained a lot more appreciation for many things about my dear America. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Kaitlin! All of these things will be waiting for you in 12 weeks. I'll even bring you a big glass of FREE ICE water. And a... toilet? haha I love you!

    ReplyDelete