Let's just be honest here.
It hit me.
You know those moments right before a huge change where it feels like the whole world just sort of shatters and falls and hits you right smack in the face? And you get this swelling feeling and wonder why you didn't grasp the magnitude of the situation before, because then it may have been easier to cope with this moment, but instead it just piles and piles upon you and you don't know how you even feel because your heart is being pulled in a million different directions and you kind of just want to laugh and cry and scream all at the same time?
(and yes that feeling actually exists, believe it or not)
Just wow.
I am leaving Ukraine in less than a week. Just barely found out that my host dad is leaving on a business trip on Sunday so that's the last time I'll see him... let alone all these incredible girls...
(Brit? What the heck am I going to do when you are not just a metro stop away anymore? Now you're an entire state away??)
...all the adorable kids (who won't remember you a year from now, yet you know you'll remember them for the rest of your life)..
...my dear sweet babushkas....
...native friends...
and the most fantastic host family in all of Ukraine.
What? I really am leaving this place that I have lived for 186 days and learned to call home what??
I am kind of freaking out.
Just a teeny tiny bit.
Yes, I can vouch. That feeling really does exist! :) Kaitlin, I'm so excited that you got to travel the world and experience all of this! I can tell you've learned so much from it and will forever love everyone, everywhere, and everything there! But uh... I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU TO COME HOME AND TELL ME ALL ABOUT THIS! Okay. Yep. Soak up your last week there and your next few weeks living the tourist life! Don't forget a dang thing, okay? Okay. Flavia.
ReplyDelete